Re: [Epic] Knight units in E40K

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 19:50:45 -0400 (EDT)

Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...> writes:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Mark A Shieh wrote:
> > The two together give it the sort of durability I'm looking
> > for (on the two). Clearly more than an MBT, though less than a scout
> > titan.
>
> As you can see from my latest ramblings I gave the Heavys no save but a
> cost of 55pts. With the save they'd have to be 60pts. minimum.

        Yup. Seems more appropriate though to have the save. I feel
that cost should be the last thing worked out anyway.

> > Well, it could go either way. They definitely don't deserve a
> > 6+ armor and a save. But I'm still trying to figure out which one is
> > more convenient... No save so you don't have to roll as many dice, or
> > a save so that all Knights have saves and you don't have to
> > remember...
>
> Personally I'm going for 6+ Armor, no Save but fairly cheap (at least the
> cost of a Leman Russ). I can still be swayed to put in the Saces but the
> points will _have_ to go up.

        Well, IMHO a 4+ armor and a Save is about as good as 6+ armor
for a long-ranged unit, so no increased cost if this were true. I was
thinking that or just 6+ armor, but yeah, 6+ armor seems to be the
easier one to deal with.

> > Ah! I'm remembering incorrectly here. They didn't get Titan
> > BGs, but they did get Titans. I had remembered that they didn't get
> > either.

> From the TL Codex Titanicus:
> "Your Knight army represents a part of the contingents of Knights
> on crusade with a Titan Legion. The Knight army may comprise Knights,
> Tech-Guard, and Titans. You can also incluse allies from the Imperial
> Guard, Space Marines, and Squats." (p. 104)

        I believe that TL then goes on to say that you can take Tech
Guard and Titan support and specials, bout not Tech Guard companies.
It's all irrelevant now, with TL being part of both IG and SM.

Mark