Re: [Epic] Knight units in E40K

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 01:24:57 -0400 (EDT)

Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...> writes:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Mark A Shieh wrote:
>
> > Well, IMHO a 4+ armor and a Save is about as good as 6+ armor
> > for a long-ranged unit, so no increased cost if this were true. I was
> > thinking that or just 6+ armor, but yeah, 6+ armor seems to be the
> > easier one to deal with.
>
> I'm still a bit loath to put in the Save since it works for assaults as
> well as shooting, but you make a good case and I'll gladly do it.

        Ook. I had forgotten the part about saving in CC. It would
be convenient if they all had saves or they all had a 6+ armor though.
It makes them much easier to remember stats on. (I think your current
proposal has all 6+ armor, so it fits in with one of the two models I
prefer)
        4+ and a save vs. 6+ and no save does pose some interesting
situations. The 4+ and save is more vulnerable to FP attacks, but
less vulnerable to Death rays and Anti-tank. It seems appropriate
somehow.

Mark