Re: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 01:18:05 -0500

At 09:26 PM 4/22/97 -0500, you wrote:

>You know there is a bonus to outnumbering your opponent. The marines are
>all snazzy but are more susceptible to SHWs than the IG. Barages hurt them
>alot more than IG. It does balance out. Play a couple of games with both
>forces and see how they compare. They have different styles of play but
>each has it's strength. You just have to find them and not whine because
>the numbers dont work out the way you think they should.

All that would be fine, except that IG doesn't significantly outnumber SM
for the same points cost. That was the whole point of his post. They cost
the same, but are inferior. That doesn't take any playtesting to figure
out. "Let's see, we have 2 detachments with the same move, number of units,
and points cost (within 2%), but this one has more firepower, a better
assault, and better armor. I think I'll take it, instead of the blatantly
inferior one."

I don't think the 3 command stands + 9 regular stands is going to make a
significant difference versus 10 stands of the marine detachment.
Especially when you consider that the IG take twice as many casualties from
forepower because their armor sucks, and the marines are twice difficult to
suppress.

Temp