Re: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: Thomas Bloom <tbloom_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 12:44:05 -0500

>On Thu, 24 Apr 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:
>>That was fine. However, the IG just sucks compared to
>> Marines. Again, that would be fine if you really could swarm the board with
>> hordes of troops, but you can't because they cost too much.

>You can, but they just can't be quality troops. With normal marines vs
>normal IG, you can get 4 stands of IG (28pts) vs 2 stands of SM (30pts).
>But, yes, the IG inf aren't as heavily armed or armored as the SM
>(surprise).

You can't buy more IG than SM. Try to make a force. You need to buy one
IG command stand for every 3 squads. While Marines need only buy one every
10 Squads. The cost of the commander(s) screws the IG so they wind up
costing almost as much as the Marines do. Actually if you get really
carried away and buy the max number of SM squads they work out cheaper.

> No one has a tank that's close to the Leman Russ (the LR is
>close) and the Demolisher is better than the Vindicator.

The Leman Russ does do better than the preditor but it (the Leman Rus) is
more expensive, especially if you are buying it as a support vehicle. As
far as the Demolisher vs. the Vidicator goes the Vidicator is a lot faster.
In the games I played I still had trouble keeping my 25 cm move
Vindicators close to my troops, there is no way a 15 cm move Demolisher is
going to keep up with an assault Detachment.

>> Temp
>>

> Ed "Overload" Davis
> mediii_at_...
> med4386_at_...

       "...'cause when its time to collect its only heros who pay..."
                               Hero, Ministry
                                   Thomas