Re: [Epic] Other stuff on det sheet?

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 12:54:30 +0100

M. Edward Davis wrote:

> I was looking at the detachment sheet and was wondering what the four
> values in the upper right were for and where would I find out where to
> calculate them. (except for total point cost, I got that one).
> Guessing:
> Reserve Speed: the slowest unit in the detachment's speed? When is this
> helpful/needed?

If, in certain scenarios, the detachment is kept off table "in reserve"
its arrival is governed by a die roll applied to a table cross
referencing the detachments reserve speed. Put simply, the quicker the
detachment, the more likely it is to arrive early in the game.
> Half Strength: the total number of units in det. divided by 2, round up?
> When is this used?

In certain scenarios, morale is important. The army receives a
reduction in its morale level when a unit is first reduced to half
strength.

> Morale Value: Something used to figure out 'bottle' tests for the
> detachment?

No. Rather the number of points it is worth to keep the unit intact.
See above, and pgs 9-11 in the battles book.

I think all of the above details are sort of dealt with in the battles
book, but not very well. theres a bit more in WD208-209.

Richard