Re: [Epic] Critique Of Chaos Horde

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 17:28:49 -0700

>5,000 Point Chaos Horde
>Lord of Battles - 500
>Khorne Juggers - 150
>Subtotal: 1100
>
>Bloodthirster - 300
>Bloodletters - 150
>Troll Warband - 250
>Subtotal: 1250
>
>Plague Tower - 400
>Troll Warband - 250
>Minotaur Warband - 250
>Subtotal: 1150
>
>Keeper of Secrets - 300
>Subtotal: 300
>
>Artillery Company- 600
>Bombard Battery - 250
>Leviathan - 350 (mostly to counter the opponents leviathan)
>Subtotal: 1200

I'd have to say that Mortarian is a much better buy than the Plague Tower,
his power could quickly decimate a IG company or a bunch of aspect warriors
and exarchs, whereas the Plague Tower just soaks up fire, but doesn't do so
as well as the lord of battles. If you want something to soak up fire,
display the Lord of Battles very prominently in your army and have your
opponent shoot him, he's pretty tough with those cards and saves and
construct template. Also, your army is really, really specialized. If
your opponent doesn't mind then that's cool but some might find it
borderline cheesy. Your Keeper of Secrets lacks minions, (it must have at
least three), so that's illegal. Your army lacks any direct fire support
(only barrages from the IG contingent) so you might want to consider
fitting in a Chaos marine companies, those are some of the best infantry in
the game and I use them every time I use Chaos.

Mike the Liu