Re: [Epic] Adeptus Mechanicus

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 09:20:56 -0700

Troy, Kiesten &/or Michael wrote:

> {Hi, I'm new to this list. I'm a bit of an old dog, getting back into GW
> after quite some time away. This question might be a bit obvious to some of
> you, I'm mostly asking to see if an old idea can be used with the new rules.}
>
> With the release of Epic 40k, I was considering starting up an Epic army.
>
> Rather than playing Space Marine or Imperials, I was more interested in
> playing an army built around the concept of the Adeptus Mechanicus /
> Collegia Titanica etc.
>
> Should I base this army primarily on Imperials, Space Marines, or does it
> not really matter?
>
> I would want Titans, Dreadnoughts and other "ancient tech" units to bring
> out the feel of the Adeptus Mechanicus. There would not be much in the way
> of actual foot soldiers, mostly things they could crawl out of a factory or
> STC.
>
> Any suggetions?
>
> By the way, I haven't seen any new dreadnoughts yet, are they out? How do
> they look?
>
> -Troy Baker

Sauron1 writes; The Adeptus worlds are allied to the Knight worlds. They
have their own version of IG infantry but they are mountted on
CHIMERA,just like the 25mm figures. But in Epic there are Three different
styles of Chimeras with support weapons mountted. The Tech Guard,as they
are,called have access to all the titans they can field. They have
Stormblades 3 per company and Leeman Russ tank companies 3x3.
        sauron1