Re: [Epic] Adeptus Mechanicus

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:01:02 -0700

Troy, Kiesten &/or Michael wrote:

> {Hi, I'm new to this list. I'm a bit of an old dog, getting back into GW
> after quite some time away. This question might be a bit obvious to some of
> you, I'm mostly asking to see if an old idea can be used with the new rules.}
>
> With the release of Epic 40k, I was considering starting up an Epic army.
>
> Rather than playing Space Marine or Imperials, I was more interested in
> playing an army built around the concept of the Adeptus Mechanicus /
> Collegia Titanica etc.

> Should I base this army primarily on Imperials, Space Marines, or does it
> not really matter?

[E40K]
IMHO base it on War Engines. Titans, More Titans, and yet more Titans.
Scout Titans to... er... Scout. Ordinatus Grossossities to provide
firepower ( not cheesy, and they look very good )

Maybe some Imp Guard infantry (all in Chimeras) with some other vehicles
as organic support.
Maybe the odd SM unit, who the Titans are 'supporting'. Use any of the
Space Marine 1st Ed, Space Marine 2nd Ed, or E40K illustrations as a
guide.

[2nd Ed]
Get a copy of "Titan Legions". This has battlegroups of 3 Titans as
company cards in their own right.
In 2nd Ed , the Ordinatus weapons are extremely cheesy, vastly
overpowered for their cost. Use sparingly if at all.
And Knights. Lots of Knights.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture