Re: [Epic] More questions!

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:27:40 -0500

At 03:00 PM 4/29/97 +1000, you wrote:

>As a continue from the last question, do psykers need to be within 15cm of
>a CC for them to be counted for the combat modifiers, or can they just be
>part of the detachment?

The rules say something to the effect of supporting a cc or participating in
a firefight, IIRC. So that would mean within 15cm.

>Is having n/a in the range table equivalent to having zero firepower?
>(consider rhinos can lend surport, genstealers may not be able to)

Yes, but there is a specific statement that zero firepower units can still
snap-fire and support close combat.

>Can flak units fire at interceptors that attack your flyers? (or even
>ground units snap firing at the interceptors)

I would say yes to the fliers, no to the ground units.

>With the tyranid Harridan the HQ unit of the tyranid flyers, can you still
>use your gargoyles even if the Harridan hasn't been destroyed but damaged.
>The real question probably is, can flyers operate without their command
>units?

I think they should be able to.

>Although I have enjoyed my first few games of the new EPIC it seems to me
>that sometimes the rules are rather vague.

And this differs from other GW products how?

Temp