Re: [Epic] Epic Spacehulk? -Reply

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 07:54:29 -0700

CLL_at_... wrote:

> Sender: owner-space-marine_at_...
>
> Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:

> players,took some of my unmountted
> Epic Space Hulk. It works
> good for a few laughs}
> good pocket game?
> > >>
> > > For a little whilemy friends and I decided to really
> save table space and
> > play 40k with epic figures. It worked pretty okay. all
> the guys in the
> > same squad had to be eqiped the same, but If table
> space is running low it
> > works alright.
> > > Timothy J. Kilgore
>
> Doesn't anyone here think that it's a problem that the
> terminators are so ugly. OK they're small but they're
> copied right off the Space Hulk 1st ed refrigerator
> terminators. I like my figures convertable and with
> polystyrene glue anything works, I cuts off the arms of
> my ogryns and Squat Exoarmour figs and glue them
> back to give them a more real look. But the
> terminators are just a lump of plastic with nothing to
> convert. ------------------------------------------------------------------------> Patrik Carlsson
> f94pc_at_...
> http://www.efd.lth.se/~f94pc/epic/
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> You're wrong you know.
> My Epic Terminator Company has at least 1 converted
> miniature on each of the 13 stands.
> 1) Assault Cannons - use the multilasers from IG
> Sentinels in place of the bolters.
> 2) Chainfists - a small piece of thin plasticard attached
> to the powerfist and carefully painted.
> 3) Heavy Flamers, carefully trim off the front of the
> stormbolter and attach the rounded bit from the back of
> a Sentinel (engine housing ? the bit that sticks up
> behind the pilot) in it's place then reattach the front of
> the storm bolter for the nozzles.
> 4) Sergeant's power sword and shield, like the
> chainfist but one very narrow thin piece and one
> shield.
> 5) Thunder hammer and Stormshield, thin plastic rod,
> or at a pinch the thinnestsection of the flagpoles can
> be glued into a hammer shape, the shield is more
> plastic card.
> 6) Lightning claws - thin wire mesh - like GW used for
> the razorwire entanglements for Epic. You only get
> three talons per hand though.
> 7) Librarian, thin plasticard for the forceaxe and shield
> and a little Miliput round the head.
> 8) Captain. Reposition the powerfist arm and use a
> small blob of miliput for the grenade launcher, and the
> front of the head from the Space Marine Sergeant (with
> the bionic eye) in place of the helmet.
>
> All of the above need careful painting to make them
> look convincing.
> And yes, I am insane.

Saurin1 writes; You know for just a simple idea about a quick game. This
string has grown to a good discussion!. What did you use to cut up the
terminators. Shurrely a not a razor saw? A new xacto blade? Insane! Not
really.You should have my job.My sons want to try a few of those
conversions. We have done some on IG Ogrins and SM and Orc Commaners.
        sauron1