Re: [Epic] Multiple Mailing Lists

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 15:11:47 -0400

Kris:

> what a sad little man. Rather like an amiga owner still persisting the
things
> useful (a very out of date, now quite useless computer).

There's no call for this.

> To be frank, your comments are pathetic. Of course the rulebooks will be
> updated in the next print - name one successful game where they wer'nt?
> And surely you must realize that the sheer number of Epic40K messages
> compared to 2nd edition space marine messages proves which version is
> popular?

I'm new to the list, but even I know that most of the 2nd Ed. folks left
when Epic 40k came out. I'm sorry that happened, but that's the facts
rather than what you state above. I like Epic 40k too, but it proves
nothing to count the messages here.

> Having played both, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind, or the rest
of
> my club, which is better : there are actually (shock, gasp, horror!)
TACTICS
> involved in this game.

Every game has tactics. I don't know how much SM/TL had, but I'm sure it
had more than you are implying (none). Epic 40k is a _damn nice game_ and
it doesn't need this kind of attitude associated with it.

All I'm saying is two wrongs don't make a right. If someone gets your goat
and you want to flame them, do it through personal e-mail and not on the
list. Personally, I could do without reading these kinds of posts.

Regards.

- Erik