Re: [Epic] [E40k] A question...

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 10:18:59 -0400 (EDT)

"Miller, Chris" <CMiller_at_...> writes:
> > Ah... the never-ending pop-up debate is back... =)

> Ummm, it's not a matter of not liking a rule, it's a problem. We try to
> stay away from applying "reality" to GW games, but we do have LOS, and
> if I have some troops touching the back side of a building( no direct
> LOS), a falcon doing pop-up attack would have to be in fragging ORBIT
> to see them - but under the pop-up rules, they can see anything on the
> board - there's no way to stay hidden from them, the only limiting
> factor is range.

        The "I can see everything, everything can see me" is an
abstraction that we enjoy using, with a couple exceptions (units
touching the rear of a building). To counter the invulnerability of
the later-firing Eldar units, we instituted the following house rule
for firing.

        Instead of alternating fire, you alternate, with each player
having the option of firing. The firing phase ends when all units
have fired, or both player choose not to fire in succession.

        So, you can wait for the Eldar unit to pop up, but if it
doesn't, you've wasted your shot. It's even somewhat realistic as far
as anti-ambushing goes.

Mark