Re: [Epic] [E40k] Skimmer LOS was A question...

From: Andrew Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 07:56:58 -0400

> > Although I don't think anybody at GW would consider such a change, if
> > we were to send one, I'd rather skimmers LOS being looked at from some
> > distance above the ground. We certainly found it trivial to implement.
>
> Really? I can imagine more than a few anally-retentive types reaching
> for their calculators and trigonometry table to demonstrate that a
> particular unit is just in /out of the shadow at 24cms distance from a
> skimmer which is popping up a height of 15cms over terrain 7cms high,
> 9cm from the firer. And god help them if they play against me.
>
> Richard

Sure, it's trivial. You measure 25 cm (or whatever you've decided on)
straight up from the model, and do LOS from that spot. Anybody who would
argue with that would argue with normal LOS sighting. This rule just
seems to me to fit in better than the shadow method, because it meshes
with the normal LOS rules.

andy
askinner_at_...