Re: [Epic] The return of Looney Rants!

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 13:30:32 -0400

David Lado wrote:

> >> 5. Plague marines in THWgunships- I land next to you, fart
> >>(summon plague wind), and half your army dies.
> >
> >Yep, I'd be lookin' at limiting my oponants targets if I were you...
> >Snapfire weapons help, although the invisibilty chaos card will hurt you
> >badly... (Chaos is like that - scissors, paper, rock, plaguewind!)
>
> That's fairly impossible with some armies, particularly orks, which *must*
> field their infantry companies. Of all the armies in the game, I disliked
> chaos the most. They were all over-priced units balanced by increadibly
> cheesy-annoying special powers.

        I'd hardly call the chaos cards 'incredibly cheesy.'
At least half of them are useless or not very powerful, and
another portion are only useful against certain armies (like
the morale check cards, totally useless against marines, squats
or the bugs). A handful are pretty good but hardly show
stopping.

        And over-priced units with random kewl cards is better
than under-priced units with random kewl cards (tyranids).

> There was no strategy to chaos armies,
> it was all playing tricky combinations of cards to produce devestating
> effects.

        I don't agree with this at all. But then, I'm a
chaos player so I must obviously know nothing about strategy,
correct?

Scott
shupes_at_...