Re: [Epic] 2nd Ed units MIA

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 21:00:59 -0700

David Lado wrote:

> >Braincrushas - These should be armed
> >with Megacannons. Probably SHVs with 3 hits and assault of 4. Cost about
> >40.
>
> I think this is too powerful compared to what they used to be (not for
> the suggested cost). I would say something along the line of:
> speed: 25 cm
> range: 60 cm
> FP: anti-tank
> AV: 0
> armor: 5+
> cost: 15-20 (I don't know how to rate the AT shot)

The MegaCannon bit was basically from SM1. SM2 toned them down a lot
compared to other units. As for W40K? Who knows? Basically, with all
units henceforth, we're gonna have to look at the WH40K Datacards and
use them as the sole basis for what the E40K equivalent should be. And
if there's no datacard, then make sure that the E40K stats would
translate exactly into WH40K ones.

> This would be very usefull for the orks, since they otherwise have no
> anti-tank weapons in their army list. It would make a nice, long-range
> intermediate between battle wagons and deathray speedstas.

If one looks at the Imperial stuff, their 'support weapons' are all AT.
But, forex, Rapiers are specifically AntiPersonnel in SM2. Again, we
need a WH40K Maven to tell us what they do in that system. Similarly,
the Big Gunz are just a non-barraging normal firing unit. Which includes
Tractor cannon, SAGs, Hop-Splatt Guns etc.

I can't really disagree with agglutinating all of these into one class.
The Battlewagons.... no, there should be 2: a Blitzwagon (FP2, AS1, cost
20?) and the normal (FP1, AS2, cost 14).

> >Madboyz.... One way would, of course, be to roll the order dice for
> >them. On a special result, they act normally. Assault factor a D3 of
> >course.
>
> This is basically how I would see them (except use the normal ork
> stat line instead of the D3 AF, since the added randomness will wash
> out in large units anyway).

The simplest - and hence probably the best overall, would be to treat
them as normal Boyz, but AF is D3. Reduces the flavour to a mere hint,
but also does not introduce the whole body of special rules you'd really
need.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture