Re: [Epic] 2nd Ed units MIA

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 14:34:32 GMT

On Fri, 09 May 1997 21:00:59 -0700, space-marine_at_... Alan Brain
<aebrain_at_...> wrote:
> Basically, with all
>units henceforth, we're gonna have to look at the WH40K Datacards and
>use them as the sole basis for what the E40K equivalent should be. And
>if there's no datacard, then make sure that the E40K stats would
>translate exactly into WH40K ones.

There are MANY 40k datafax for the same unit floating
around,epiccast,armorcast,forgeworld... which one to use?

>If one looks at the Imperial stuff, their 'support weapons' are all AT.
>But, forex, Rapiers are specifically AntiPersonnel in SM2. Again, we
>need a WH40K Maven to tell us what they do in that system.

A super armor busting weapon. One of the few that can hole a
baneblade. Call it a pulse laser at minimum, a pulsar at best

> Similarly,
>the Big Gunz are just a non-barraging normal firing unit. Which includes
>Tractor cannon, SAGs, Hop-Splatt Guns etc.

The SAG is one of the few Ork 40k weapons that has range=Line of Sight
I really can't see 45cm for this... maybe 75cm? For the others I would
think about maybe adding the Close Support ability..esp on the
Splatta,er, Hop-Splat gun. The Hop-Splat went MIA in 40k 2nd Ed,
replaced by Splatta cannon. Points cost?

>I can't really disagree with agglutinating all of these into one class.
>The Battlewagons.... no, there should be 2: a Blitzwagon (FP2, AS1, cost
>20?) and the normal (FP1, AS2, cost 14).

yes. Give the Dragsa a forward facing void shield maybe?, no
reflected shots, though

>> >Madboyz.... One way would, of course, be to roll the order dice for
>> >them. On a special result, they act normally. Assault factor a D3 of
>> >course.

>The simplest - and hence probably the best overall, would be to treat
>them as normal Boyz, but AF is D3. Reduces the flavour to a mere hint,
>but also does not introduce the whole body of special rules you'd really
>need.
Or roll on the special ability chart. at each turn.
they might get say, rapid fire or stubborn, or get transport.
Transport? say with that result that really doesn't make sense, the
boys get confused, and do nothing that turn, like the old "play dead"
result

>--
>aebrain_at_...

mike