Re: [Epic] The return of Looney Rants!

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 21:37:57 -0700

Scott Shupe wrote:

> > Sure, most chaos cards are useless, but if you have a card that can
> > potentially kill 10-20 units, you don't need very many for them to make
> > a major impact on the game.
>
> 10-20 units? I've *never* taken out that many models with
> a single chaos card.

Errr... in the one E-mail game (so far as I know) of SM2 that was played
on this mailing list (Chaos with 20 THs vs Bugs), the Chaos player
wanted to prove that Chaos+20THs == Unbeatable Cheese.

Now, I agree it took 2 cards: A TH with some Death Guard landed in the
Bug Back Line, and then Invisibility was played (or there would have
been NO survivors) followed by The Fickle Fatal Fart of Fate. Which took
out in excess of 25 stands.
OK, it's a Reward, not a normal card too. The best I've done with Plague
was 17.

> Don't use orks then. *shrug* Some armies are just too
> good at killing other armies. I never take my chaos army against
> the bugs anymore.

OTOH watch what a Weirdboy tower or three does to all GDs in range. In 1
turn, either no GDs or no cards. Add a few Gargants so you never worry
about passing morale checks, and the situation is not so easy.

> > It was not a slur against chaos players (don't be so sensitive). I
> > think it is the very nature of the chaos army that they can't win
> > w/o using their chaos cards (and yes, I think hive mind cards are
> > just as bad). If you take away the chaos cards, are any of the
> > greater demons worth 300 pts? Not by a long shot.
>
> I'd say Mort & maybe Magnus are, providing you still
> had something card-like to keep them alive.

Compared with, say, a Hive Tyrant at 150 pts? I think not. But it's
debateable. Certainly, no Chaos army omits Magnus.
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture