Re: [Epic] The return of Looney Rants!

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 21:04:45 -0700

David Lado wrote:

> >HINT: The Blitzboyz move 75cm in the normal move phase, then another
> >20-30cm into combat... that's 8 units at 4 plus 4 at 3.

> Have you actually tried this? From the looks of it, give a single unit
> (the blitzboyz) a free turn of movement by sacrificing the action of
> the battlewagons for the turn (a more expensive unit), while putting
> the battlewagons at great risk.

> I really don't see that much is gained from this strategy other than
> potentially catching an enemy off guard (which means it will only
> work once at best).

I totally agree. But 'catching the enemy off-guard' is the whole point.
The opponent must take this tactic into account and have a screen of
normal-orders units covering his marching ones at a range of under 1
metre, rather than half that. Which limits his options.

I might add that this tactic is possible with all armies. Orks just do
it best.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture