Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 01:51:24 -0500

At 01:01 PM 5/13/97 -0400, you wrote:

>* Do you end up measuring range in the shooting phase twice, once to determine
> who can shoot, the other to determine who can be shot? Sounds like both
> are based on the nearest unit.
>
> A A A A
> Detachment B is shooting at detachment A.
> A1 If A1 is in range of all Bs, all Bs can shoot.
> If all As are in range of B1, all As can be shot.
> B1
> Is this correct?
> B B B

I would add all the fp of any unit that can see/shoot any other unit.
However, I wouldn't assign more casualties than can be targetted. Frex, if
all A can hit B1 but not B, you would add all their fp (let's say 5 total)
and roll to hit. Troops in the open would give you 3 dice, so let's say you
get 2 hits. B1 would be the only valid target, so you'd just lose the extra
kill.

I don't think anyone could really argue with this being reasonable, although
you never know . . .

Temp