Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 16:40:34 -0400 (EDT)

>duckrvr_at_... wrote:
>> This brings up another point, though. I am under the impression that after
>> the die roll is resolved, you roll to inflict casualties for each stand OF
>> YOURS in hth, rather than rolling to inflict casualties on each of your
>> opponents stands in contact.
>
>Does that only specify how many dice are rolled, or does the die
>rolled for each of your stands have to kill something in contact
>with that stand?

Temps got it right. The number of dice you roll is dictated by the number
of _your_ stands in CC (1 for each normal stand, 2 for each rampager of
yours).

You roll all your dice together. The score needed to hit is dictated by
the result of the CC.

You may choose as a casualty any enemy stand that is in CC with one of
your stands.

So in general, it is always good to have more troops in CC since you
get a better assault value and you roll more dice to inflict casualties.
The only minor exception to this is if you are fighting alot of
rampagers, in which case you might take disporportionate casualties if
you lose. But I don't see this happening too often, since you have
chosen to assault the enemy in order to gang up on them, and you are less
likely to lose a CC you initiate (unless you're suicidal and like
attacking at bad odds).

David