Re: [Epic][E40K] Terrain

From: Alex Leonard <aleon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 08:23:25 +0000

Hmm 10" x 10" squares? 1' 2" squares?
Since it's a 4x8 table, why don't you just use 1' (or 12" if you're
like that) square pieces? For larger bits you could make 2x1 sections
or 3x3 or whatever if you wanna have a big building.

That guy with the Industral strength Gaming Supply center, sounds
really great! I wanna get some!

So far the thing that sounds the best to me is to layer the styrofoam
(or get the giant blocks) and then sculpt it with a hot wire, flock
it, spray it, and seal it. Trying to cut styrofoam with an exacto
doesn't work too well as I've found. The fun thing about modularizing
it is that you prevent yourself from ending up with square hills,
That is if you plan it out correctly, I'm gonna try to make up a
chart with some x by x modular squares that will be pretty easy to
fit together. If anyone's interested I can post a low res bmp on the
list when I'm done...

All this coming from a guy who plays on the floor with old books!
But hey! I'm getting a table next fall! And I made a ravenwing
Landspeeder out of posterboard beat that! I challenge thee!

Leonard of the Grinning Skulls

This Message brought to you by
Flashing Techno Industries of
Miscellaneous Incorporated
The home of the Psychadelic Lemon Factory