Re: Daemon cavalry (prev : [Epic] more lost figs)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 03:17:22 -0500

At 11:50 AM 5/15/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> Extra cost to :
>> Upgrade to Juggernaut cavalry (Rampage, Assault, Cavalry) +4 pts
per unit
>> Upgrade to Slaneesh Steed cavalry(Rampage, Assault/Infiltrators) +3 pts
perunit

I assume that's supposed to be (cavalry, assault) instead of rampage on the
steeds?

> Oi! Where are the disc riders?!?
>
> Looks like you're using +2 pts for calvary? Just
>wondering where you extrapolated that from - as far as I
>can tell, calvary costs about +6 pts (looking at flesh hounds
>& slaanesh fiends). Chaos Lords don't pay anything, but then
>characters get jump packs for free too.
>
> Assuming +6 for calvary and +2 for skimmer (I have
>no real justification for that, I can't think of anything
>that could be upgraded to skimmers):

  I agree that skimmer should be +2, per the Daemon prince

>Upgrade to Disc Riders (Calvary) +8 pts per unit

Compared to a 15 point jetbike you get a 6+ save versus 4+, less fp, more
range, and a shorter move. 23 points might be a touch expensive.

I think that the 19 points for juggers is WAY under valued, though.

Temp