Re: Daemon cavalry (prev : [Epic] more lost figs)

From: Andreas Richert <aic_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 23:16:57 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 16 May 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 11:50 AM 5/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> > Looks like you're using +2 pts for calvary? Just
> >wondering where you extrapolated that from - as far as I
> >can tell, calvary costs about +6 pts (looking at flesh hounds
> >& slaanesh fiends). Chaos Lords don't pay anything, but then
> >characters get jump packs for free too.

The Ig pay +3 pts for the Rough Riders and marines cost twice that of a
guard so +6 shouldn't be wrong. and +2 pts for rampage and assult, as for
a Khorne Berserker.

> > Assuming +6 for calvary and +2 for skimmer (I have
> >no real justification for that, I can't think of anything
> >that could be upgraded to skimmers):
>
> I agree that skimmer should be +2, per the Daemon prince
>
> >Upgrade to Disc Riders (Calvary) +8 pts per unit
>
> Compared to a 15 point jetbike you get a 6+ save versus 4+, less fp, more
> range, and a shorter move. 23 points might be a touch expensive.

Jet bikes have AV 1, the Chaos cavalery will have AV 3 (+ 1 fore the
Juggers, Assult)

> I think that the 19 points for juggers is WAY under valued, though.

With +6 pts for cavalery they will cost 23, which seems quite resonable.

> Temp

A.I.C. rules for CHAOS
Andreas Richert
E-mail: aic_at_...