RE: [Epic] Imperator stats ?

From: E. Sund <esund_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 15:36:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 May 1997, William A. Calderwood wrote:

> >Reply to Patrik Carlsson (f94pc_at_...)'s message of 5/19/97 12:34 PM
> >sauron1 wrote:
> >>
> >> Sauron1 writes; I belong to a wargame club with 50 members,a permanent
> >> site for the last 18 years and lots of premade tables,terrain and
> >> such.But I am the only Epic player left. I have been giving away basic
> >> SM,Eldar,and orc figures to the younger players to get them interestted
> >> in Epic. I even waisted $100.00 Canadian on the new version! Anyway other
> >> than at the closest Gw store,a half hour drive away,there are no epic
> >> players around.Besides they willonly play the new version. The two local
> >> hobby stores that are heavy into roleplaying or fantasy are NOT
> >> interestted in Epic and carry only a minimum of GW material,usually just
> >> duplicates of what someone orders.In 25mm Sci/Fi Warzone rules here!
> >> sauron1
> >
> >It's at least good for us others that there are some resistance
> >against GW out there so some other company may come forth.
> >Viva la revolution!
> >It sad though that epic probably won't see any other manufacturers,
> >so you might not have much hope. Who would get into GW with their prices
> >if there were alternatives?
>
> I belong to 3 mail lists Space-marine, warzone, and warhammer. On all 3
> people complain about GW's unfair pricing sceme. I guess that is why
> so many are moving to warzone (faster play, costs less, more metal per
> fig, costs less hmm I said that all ready :).
>

> The Dark Soul shall engulf you alllllllll......
>
> Wac
>
> wac_at_...

Yeah, the main thing GW has had going for it for years has been the rich
background. The reason why I got into WH40K:RT and WFBIII (to a lesser
extent) was the nice, dark storyline. The games were at least as
colorful (not to say cheerful) as they were good games. But now GW seems
to have lost the feel (heck, there aren't even any cheesy heavy metal
bands advertized in the WDs these days). As a result, I have been running
around independent game & hobby shops and scanning all sorts of newsgroups
to get the good stuff from years past. I took a couple years off and when
I came back, things went downhill. Ick. I like the od games but don't
want to put too much $ into it as I am afraid of losing players (as Sauron1
seems to have). Double ick.

E. Sund

(sorry for whining...)