Re: [Epic] Postage to Australia

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 09:23:23 +0800

At 08:26 PM 5/19/97 -0700, you wrote:
>oki_at_... wrote:
>
>> After all that, you still consider the best ? I do not really know about
>> elsewhere. In Singapore, local mail put into the mail box before, say 3 or 5
>> pm are guaranteed to be delivered by next day !
>
>That's local, Oki. International is a bit different. But I agree, your
>local postal service is very good. OTOH a piece of mail posted in
>Darwin, for example, will reach Sydney in about 3 days or less. And
>that's further than to Singapore.

Yeah, I know. I have a cousin who mailed a birthday card to her brother in
Indonesia (my homeland) a month ahead of his birthday, and it arrives one
month after his birthday ! And we are just talking about a normal card to a
major city in Indonesia. And this happens fairly regularly too :(

But things might have improved.