Re: [Epic] Future Releases

From: Bruce Vidler <bvidler_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 17:05:54 -0500

----------
> From: oki_at_...
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Future Releases
> Date: May 22, 1997 11:01 AM
>
> At 07:12 PM 5/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
<SNIP>
> >I suspect the only REAL reason they created a new Warlord was the last
one
> >(lunch bucket on two legs) was TERRIBLE and NO ONE would buy it.
> >

> Hey, I resent that ! I bought one and wanted to buy another two (for
battle
> group) before I took another look at 100+ unpainted blister packs and 6
> unpainted Turtle Warlord :(

My apologies, no offense was intended. Statement should have been "I
didn't like it".

Seriously, I think part of the problem was that the model lacked the appeal
of the newer model (is that better? ;-), after hearing so much about the
"New Metal" Titan, people around here were very disappointed in the new
product. It simply didn't look "Imperial" enough, especially compared to
the new Imperator. It didn't match people's expectations.

Added in to the fact that you could (I did) buy the old plastic sprues from
England for a whopping 5 pounds per sprew (10 pounds per titan & 1 weapon
sprew). Even at GW's prices, shipping and handling overseas, exchange on
the pound, etc... I believe I picked up 2.5 Titans (plastic) for the same
cost of (newer metal) one "official". Also, they still had to produce the
plastics to put into "Space Marine" (it was a key component to making the
sale for some people).

Anyone else notice there are no more titans (or gargants) in the new
system's box?