Re: [Epic] First Epic 40k battle

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 01:18:06 -0700

E. Sund wrote:

> Err...could someone explain to me how these ridiculous tests are supposed
> to be so critical for your "defense"? If you've got the bomb, why do you
> need to keep testing?

New designs and minor changes need verification.

There's a story about the warhead on the Honest John tactical missile.
You see they tested it, then made a few minor changes to ease series
production, and made hundreds or thousands of them.
Came the time to test one after 5 years, to see if it worked. It didn't.
So they tried one at 4 years, then 3, then one straight off the
production line. None worked. (And I dips me lid to the hardy souls who
ventured underground to monitor the highly radioactive debris to find
out why).

So I can see WHY they did it. To verify the computer models that will be
in use henceforth, before a worldwide comprehensive ban got installed.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture