Re: [Epic] bike upgrades & Harlequins

From: Robert Lenghaus <lenghaus_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 12:54:46 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 26 May 1997, oki_at_... wrote:

> At 10:32 AM 5/26/97 +1000, you wrote:
>

> >4. (I know I know) Why haven't falcons got Anti tank for smegs sake??????
> >and only carry one stand!!!!!! what has happened, ther're just as
> >expensive as they used to be but are half as effective.
> >

> I know; I am thinking of coming up with a new Eldar vehicle (using the old
> Falcon). GW has changed the function and form of Falcon so radically that
> the old Falcon simply does not cut it. Instead of putting the old Falcon to
> pasture, perhaps we should just come up with a new unit.

I wouldn't make a new unit but for the price I think a falcon deserves to
carry 2 stands and have one 45cm Antitank shot. This means its 6 points
less than a landraider has one less AT shot and -1 armour compared to a
LR,
fair I think.

As an aside in the rules it says that LRs are used to transport the first
company, this means that if each LRs carries one termie stand so there is
a limit of 20 LR per chapter. So unless a large proportion of a chapter
(or first company)
is in the field it is unlikely that there would be more than 4-5 LRs in a
battle.

> Likewise I am thinking about the Hive Tyrants - the new ones are so wimpy.
> Maybe the HiveTyrants (the old ones) should just be called Hive Tyrant
> Alplha - to represent their larger size and better attributes. Some
> attributes like higher Assault Value etc.

Damn-good idea although I only have one of the old ones it would be good
to use him/her/it as a more powerfull geneotype of the Hive Tyrant, maybe
comparable to a greater demon? Bloodthirster :)

Rob L.