Re: [Epic] Titan exercise

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 07:38:12 -0500

Thomas Bloom wrote:

> >I've got 4 Warlord Titans and 16 weapons I'd like to distribute
> >among them. (Actually, more than 16, but I'm not all that fond
>
> (snip)
>
> Arm them for 2nd ed. When you play 40k just call 'em whatever you want as
> most folks don't have the lists of what is a death ray, whats a mega cannon
> ect. ect. memorized and arn't gonna argue. Kinda like the guns that come
> with the Reavers and warhounds, you have to look pretty close to see what
> they are and take your best guess. If you want to play WYSIWHYG for both
> systems you're probably going to have to either figure out a way to swich
> weapons or opt for a less than optional weapons load out. Or just arm 3 of
> them for 2nd ed (a Titian battle group) and one for 40k.

As I mentioned, I will likely arm them according to what looks good.
But it still seemed like an interesting puzzle, to see if that
particular selection could be distributed to please both systems.
I think 2nd edition has more constraints about what works well,
so I'd probably arm them for that, and see whether it works well
with E40K with or without minor adjustment.

andy
askinner_at_...