RE: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- different list

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:38:12 -0400

Excerpts from Epic: 5-Jun-97 Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats --.. by Alan
Brain_at_d=
ynamite.com.
> > (^) Gyrocopters on Flak orders have a firepower value of 1=
 as they cannot
> > bring their secondary guns to bear.
>
> Too complex=
 for my liking.

You're right, really, but I was trying to find a more mobi=
le Flak
solution for the Squats... and since the Gyrocopter is the only thi=
ng
Squats can even remotely call a tank, I don't want to strip it into the
=
flyer class. Using 'copters as "dual-purpose" craft which must be
declared=
 at the start of the battle might work, though. I was going to
do that, bu=
t wanted to see if the points would turn out the same... not
even close. M=
y non-Flak 'copters had a PV of 26, IIRC.

I understand your dillema here. =
Although the new flyer rules make the Gryocopter a better flyer than the Ov=
erloard. I just can't picture a Blimp swooping down, attacking then climbin=
g ack into orbit in a turn. How about make the gryocopters flyers. Somethi=
ng like
Armour 5+, Range 15, Fp=2 Assault of 3/2. The Overlord should t=
echnicly be a war Engine. A flying war engine that can't leave the table. (=
I.E it ignores terrain and always has LOS and the enemy always has LOS to i=
t. And you don't need FLAK to fire at it.) Give it a 6 armour and 4 DMG. Yo=
u could build the Gasbag rules into the critical charts.
------------------=
-----------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume l=
aw still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by=
 precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most in=
correct assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, I=
nfinity's Shore