Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- different list

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 09:18:45 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 6-Jun-97 RE: [Epic] [E40K] Squats --.. by James
Nugent_at_....
> I understand your dillema here. Although the new flyer rules make the
> Gryocopter a better flyer than the Overloard.

Yeah, but then the Squats have *nothing* apart from War Engines, arty
and infantry/bikes. Although I guess that isn't all *that* different
from before... but the 'copters are also the only godd harasment troops
the Squats have, really! (Well, at least in Epic terms -- the bikes
were pinned down easily. Now, though... eh.)

>I just can't picture a
> Blimp swooping down, attacking then climbing ack into orbit in a turn.

You too, huh?

> How about make the gryocopters flyers. Something like
> Armour 5+, Range 15, Fp=3D2 Assault of 3/2.

Why cut it down, really? Armour 5+, range 30, FP 3, Assault 4/2.
Gyrocopters are supposed to be *very* maneuverable, and pretty well
armed. Points value 50 or so, I'd say.

And if we do this, I guess Colossi just get perma-artillery on their
MegaCannon & missiles....

>The Overlord should
> technicly be a war Engine. A flying war engine that can't leave the
> table. (I.E it ignores terrain and always has LOS and the enemy always
> has LOS to it. And you don't need FLAK to fire at it.) Give it a 6
> armour and 4 DMG. You could build the Gasbag rules into the critical
> charts.

Yup, 6+ armour, and I'd represent the gas bags as having very few hits
on the damage table give any extra damage points, and maybe 2-4 or 2-5
just a gasbag hit. (Then you start nailing weapons & whatnot... have to
figure this out.)

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...