Re: [Epic] [Epic40K] 1000pt Eldar Army list for critique

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 08:17:01 -0500

At 03:55 PM 6/5/97 -0400, you wrote:

> Hmm, . sounds like another option to try, perhaps against
>opponents with heavy armoured forces <ie SM/IGs> to increase the
># of AT shots I have?

No, I wasn't thinking that way. It's just significantly cheaper than a
farseer with little loss in capability.

>Or is maximizing the # of AT shots over general
>FP always beneficial?

Generally I would say that 1 AT shot is superior to 2 fp. Against units in
the open you have a better chance to hit if they have decent armor. Against
units in cover you will have a better chance to hit than 3 fp in most cases.
The down side is suppression affects SHW more (not a problem in this case as
you have plenty of fp to "soak" the BMs) and they aren't as good in firefights.

>I'd like for the main detachment to be able to put
>3 BM's (24FP) when firing at full strength which is what I based my
>detachment design on. Thoughts?

That would be nice, but the first casualty and that's gone anyway. The AT
shot will reduce your guaranteed BMs, but one SHW inflicts a BM if you cause
a casualty, so you replace it with a 50/50 chance. Also, your suppression
ability is not significantly reduced by casualties (except the warlock, of
course). On the down side, that detachment was all short range, and the FP
will be more useful in a firefight. Overall, I'd still go with the
wraithguard just for rpice and survivability.

Temp