RE: [Epic] Plasma Anhilator

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 09:43:45 -0500

>> ----> "More expensive by a good bit" - 650 vs 600 ain't much difference
>> . I've used all the superheavies at one point or another, and the only
>> one I didn't like was the Baneblade. The Stormhammer's nice,
>
> For what? I've never managed to have them be effective,
>nor have I ever seen them used effectively. When you have a
>choice between Stormhammers & Shadowswords, how could you not
>choose the Shadowswords?!?

        ----->Sometimes I took both : )
                But really, a Shadowsword doesn't have as many guns - the gun it has
is good, don't get me wrong, but a stormhammer has 4 decent shots
instead of one, and more up-close bolters, and a better CAF if you end
up needing it.
        We have a LOT of buildings (as do many on this list I imagine - the AT
styrofoam buildings, 2 sets of old space marine, 2 sets of 2ned Space
marine, 1 set of TL plus some custom buildings...we like to fight in big
cities most of the time, and a stormhammer was quite useable as were the
stormblades...

>> (Oh, and I never liked tunellers much either - Hellbore, etc.)
>
> Termites were OK, moles weren't that great. I don't
>know what they were smoking when they wrote the rules for the
>hellbore (10 VPs in a tin can). 1000 pts? I wouldn't even
>pay the price of the troops its carrying (it's not like they
>have any chance of surviving or anything).
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...
-----> Damn straight. Let me put an entire company into one vehicle. It
looked kinda cool as a mini, but in the game it was a rather large
target(for , say, a Shadowsword...)

        Chris Miller