RE: [Epic] [E40K] Squats - Land Train proposal

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 07:26:08 -0400

>I'd like to compliment you, really good job. A few comments.
>-Reduce =
the engines stats, since by it'sel if is better than most scout
>titans. Ma=
ybe 1 At shot. But your cost is fair, so maybe it's not a
>problem. Also, h=
aving the damage and AF as addative seems weird, since a
>full land train w=
ould have 13 Dc and could take 12 of that without losing
>a car(assuming no=
 criticals). Maybe randomly allocate hits between engine
>and cars, you cou=
ld build this into the crit charts and always take
>criticals, like was sug=
gested for the overlord.

 Thanks, I'm going to be modifying the Crit tab=
les soon.
 As to the cost, well 185pts for an Eldar Revenant which has 2d3 =
AT
shots as well as 4 FP. The Holo fields and a DC of 4 with auto crits
mak=
es the Revenant about 12 hits to kill, 2 penetrating hits with
average crit=
s. The LT Engine as I currently have it costs 200 has 4 AT
shots, 4 FP and =
a Hvy Barrage. It takes 5 hits to kill with average
crits.

 As to the DC, =
errr, an Engine with 7 cars has a max DC of 10. (3 for
the Engine, 1 ea for=
 the 7 cars. Also the 4-6 crit results on the
current chart damages 1 rando=
m SHW, which would include the Cars as
well as the Engine. So a full LT wou=
ld have 12 SHW's. The bombs would
be one shots, and would tend to be fired =
ASAP so there probably be
only 10-11. This is a lot of SHW fire for 550, bu=
t FREX, a Great Gargant
for 430 has 4 SHW's and twice the survivablilty.

 =
Balance between the costs and the fire effects is my main sticking point
ri=
ght now. Having the Cars add to the Engine let me avoid having to
randomize=
 each hit, or having to have each shot targetted individually
on independen=
t Cars.

My apologies, I did not mean your price was to low, I just thought=
 you might want to reduce the engine stats and the price. I thought your's =
was fair, it's just that the engine was more heavily armed than a scout tit=
an. (And the engine, if I remember correctly, is not that big.)A Revantnat =
has an average of 4At shots and 4 Fp while your engine has the same + a Hvy=
 Barange. Survivability is hard to compare because the number of void shiel=
ds depends on the number of cars. Having the AF additive makes sense. You =
could just do it the old way, let people allocate hits anyway they want onc=
e the shields are down. Actually, I think by the target rules you would hit=
 the closest car/engine. This makes sense. This would reduce the cost also.=

--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
------------------------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threef=
old."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that w=
e would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years.=
"
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
=
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore