Re: [Epic] [Epic 40k] About campaign rules...

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:56:57 PDT

you wrote :
>I wonder how many others mix RPGs with wargames. I started with >D&D
>when it was still in small separate booklets and have been role-playing
>ever since. I find I _have_ to role-play my armies when I play them,
>even if it is sometimes bad tactics (i.e. with Orks) just because it
>gets me into the game a lot more. Great scenarios combined with
>flavorful armies leads to unforgettable battles.

I know what you mean when you speak about unforgetable battles... I've
played a Chaos vs Eldar battle (malheureusement the battle report is in
french :(, in the background the Eldars were in a desesperate situation
(1500 points of Eldars against 2000 points of Chaos...) and my opponent
decided that the only tactic for the Eldars was to try to surprise me...
I was very self-confident because my hord was big and the Eldar forces
were so little. I began to worry about the victory when I saw that the
Eldars were charging! I must say that my opponent was next the victory
(I was really very surprised!) but my hord was too numerous (in fact he
didn't know that I was keeping two thunderhawks with Chaos Space Marines
in reserve) and the Eldars were all destroyed. This was a very funny
battle and, I think, one of the best battles we fought : tout cela pour
dire that role-playing Epic games can be more interesting than only try
to win...

You wrote too :
>I would jump at the chance to play in a fully fleshed out storyline
>campaign. I looked at your web page and though I unfortunately don't
>speak French I certainly got the gist of it and it looked very
>engaging.

That's OK, I will translate all that in English! But this will take a
moment, I don't know if you noticed it but my english is not so good.
I hope that you saw the english version of my Lord's Home Page (Lord is
for L'ORDinateur, the computer in french :).

>I would be honored if you would translate my rules. Heck, how many
>authors get their works translated? <g> By all means, go ahead!

I'm working on it and I will tell you when it's finished.

P.S. Could you send me the URL of your site please.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/