[Epic] [Epic 40k] About campaign rules...

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 00:33:02 PDT

Salutations,

I've read a lot of stuff about campaigns and all that work seems to

be great but I'm not really happy with this kind of rules.
In fact, I like to know the exact background of each battle I play

and I think that special scenarios (scenari or scenarii? I was not

really good in Latin) are a more interesting than simple battles. But

with the campaign rules I've found on the net I can't play as I want

to.

So this is how I make my campaigns :
        1- I think about a general background. For exemple, an Eldar

Craftworld invade an imperial colony to protect some of its oldest

artefacts that have been discovered by the human settlers...
        2- I think about all the battles. Each battle is a major

event of the campaign. For exemple : the first meating of the two

armies, the siege of the Eldar temples (where the artefacts are

hidden), etc...
        A victory in a battle will give some advantages : advantage

in army points for the next battle, advantage in the campaign (the

final victory will be closer) or only symbolic advantage (I won and

not you! Na Na Na!).
        3- I think about the final battle : this must be a very big

fight. The player who is in way to win the campaign must give the

Coup Fatal and his opponent must save the honour.
        For exemple, the last battle of my artefact campaign was hte

siege of the Eldar temples. The imperial player (moi en l'occurence)

had to take three objectives (the temples) and the eldar player had

to stand 5 turns against the ennemy (the time to evacuate the

artefacts...).
        Pour la petite histoire, my Iron Wolves destroyed the Eldar

forces of the Alcarinque Craftworld in 3 turns, few eldars were able

to return to their home...

What do you think about this?

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/