Re: [Epic] [Epic 40k] About campaign rules...

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:43:56 -0400

Ken,

> Hmmm, we've been playing that air units must be placed on the
"airfield"
> provided, and therefore are visible to the opponent. I (still) don't
have
> my rules with me, so I don't know if this is truly the rules.

I would think once the detachments are on the board you have to reveal
them (you have to declare missions, after all). If they are reserves,
though, I could understand being a bit vague (i.e. "I have one flyer
detachment and one infantry detachment in reserve. I'm going to roll
to see what can come on this turn."). Of course, you can infer a lot
from that...

If you only have one detachment in reserve, you wouldn't have to roll
at all so you could get a bit of surprise there. Personally, I place
my entire army on the edge of the table so you can see what's not
deployed (and thus in reserve) if you like but I wouldn't think badly
of someone who surprised me with a reserve detachment in turn two.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius