Re: [Epic] Question on Tyranid Biotitans

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 16:31:48 -0400

Miller, Chris wrote:

> >>other detachments nearby, probably on overwatch. Even if
> >>the hunter survives, chances are it's going to have problems
> >>moving thanks to suppresion.
>
> ----> This is is big pain for WE if you ask me - "how much damage have we taken, Hans?"
> "None, sir, but there are a lot of bolter shells
> flying by out side."
> "Whoa - bolters? Maybe we just better sit tight
> til things settle down..."

        It's not even like a titan can really crouch
down & hide, either - Whoa! We're being fired at!
Better sit still, maybe they'll get bored and go away!

> >I have been favorably impressed by titan performances. They are definitely
> >worth the points now, and they are fun. I expect most folks will take them.
> >In any case, i wouldn't take a titan-hunter into a blind situation (like a
> >tournament), only when i knew the guy I was fighting almost always takes
> >them.
> >
> Damn fun. If I just want a bunch of infantry and tanks running around I can
> play some other rules.

        How many other rules have russian hordes fighting
off mind-bending demons from another dimension? The fun
of Epic isn't ALL titans.

> One of TL's best features was adding the cheaper titan
> battle groups.

        Unless, of course, your army was one of the ones
that didn't get them... as a chaos player, there's no way
I'm going to field a Warlord at 900 points when my opponent
is fielding 3 for 1500 points... it just isn't worth it
(besides, I'd play people who were expecting titans, and
they'd end up wasting all those nifty titan-killing shots
on infantry).

Scott
shupes_at_...