Re: [Epic] Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:48:56 -0500

At 04:08 PM 6/12/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> Pinpoint gunnery - scores critical on 5 or 6, DR shots get +1 to the
>> critical roll
>
>Now that's a titan killing skill if ever I saw one.

Yep, that's all it was good for in 2nd. It's also good versus WEs now.

>> Hip-shooting (eldar) - WE may fire at half effect at the end of
>assault, as
>> long as it was not in cc or a ff. (too powerful?)
>
>This does seem a bit potent. Perhaps just +50% firepower in
>firefights?

Yeah. The original allowed you to fire at -1 (on a d6) when under charge
orders (which normally allowed no firing). It was also very tough,
especially since you could fire, assault in cc, move like a demon (that's
figurative, not a unit reference) and holo fields gained potency with speed.

>> Turbo weapon - count as being on overwatch, or HWB adds fp (2? 4?)
>
>Perhaps Death Rays and Anti-Tanks count as being on overwatch, HWBs and
>Barrages get +4 FP?

My original idea was exactly that with a +2fp, but whatever.

>> Turbo Engines (non-eldar?) - +5cm move
>
>Why would this be non-eldar? Just because the combination with
>extremely agile would be over the top, I guess? Hey, can these battle
>honors be taken more than once (i.e. cumulative?).

All the other stuff Eldar could take gave them more choices.

>> Mandi-blasters (eldar titan only) - cc weapon slot, no fp (or reduced
>range)
>
>As in a free CC weapon? Even so seems reasonable compared to others.

Exactly. It would be a way to combat a tyranid with 2

>> Charismatic leader/Very shouty (non-eldar) - removes d6 BMs, or uses
>"divine
>> inspiration" once per battle.
>
>Why non-eldar on this one? Perhaps 'powerful spirits in wraithbone' or
>something like that would be the eldar version?

Same as above. I flet like I was shorting everyone else even though this
was just a bashed out list.

>> Precognition (Eldar) - ignores first critical (rolls with blow)
>(maybe too
>> powerful)
>
>Yeah, maybe too much with the 2+ holofield. I like the idea a lot,
>though.

Rough guess, I'd say it adds 50% more survivability. Of course, TL had one
that allowed a save versus barrages, which was just as tough, since that was
how everyone killed Eldar titans anyway. (holo-fields didn't work versus
area effect [template] weapons)

Temp