Re: [Epic] Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 08:37:55 -0700

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> Temp,
>
> I definitely like the battle honors as an option (if your titan
> survives long enough). Perhaps those of you who know them could arrive
> at a consensus list for EPIC 40k? I made some comments on what you
> posted below - these may be completely off the mark as I never read the
> original battle honors.
>
> > Pinpoint gunnery - scores critical on 5 or 6, DR shots get +1 to the
> > critical roll
>
> Now that's a titan killing skill if ever I saw one.
>
> > Hip-shooting (eldar) - WE may fire at half effect at the end of
> assault, as
> > long as it was not in cc or a ff. (too powerful?)
>
> This does seem a bit potent. Perhaps just +50% firepower in
> firefights?
>
> > Turbo weapon - count as being on overwatch, or HWB adds fp (2? 4?)
>
> Perhaps Death Rays and Anti-Tanks count as being on overwatch, HWBs and
> Barrages get +4 FP?
>
> > Turbo Engines (non-eldar?) - +5cm move
>
> Why would this be non-eldar? Just because the combination with
> extremely agile would be over the top, I guess? Hey, can these battle
> honors be taken more than once (i.e. cumulative?).
>
> > Mandi-blasters (eldar titan only) - cc weapon slot, no fp (or reduced
> range)
>
> As in a free CC weapon? Even so seems reasonable compared to others.
>
> > Charismatic leader/Very shouty (non-eldar) - removes d6 BMs, or uses
> "divine
> > inspiration" once per battle.
>
> Why non-eldar on this one? Perhaps 'powerful spirits in wraithbone' or
> something like that would be the eldar version?
>
> > Precognition (Eldar) - ignores first critical (rolls with blow)
> (maybe too
> > powerful)
>
> Yeah, maybe too much with the 2+ holofield. I like the idea a lot,
> though.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Erik
>
> "Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
> up, if you will ever dig."
> - Marcus Aurelius

sauron1 writes;Erik Originally all Titans were fitted with Ejector
systems!Actually they moved to the head and it used antigrave to skim
off,still vunerable to appropriate ground fire!Roll 1d6,1or2 roll on list
2,rolled 3-6 creww ejects safely.
Table 2 Roll 1 D6
1 Ejector system destroyed crew dies
2-4 Ejector damaged crew lands in no mans land roll on table 3
5-6 Ejector damaged crew lands in friendly territory but crew out of
action for next two games.
Table 3
1 Crew killed by enemy action
2 Crew captured roll on table 4
3-6 Crew make it back,but due to injuries out of action for three games
Table 4
1 Crew killed in escape attempt
2-4 Crew sent to POW camp their out of this campaign
5-6 Crew eccapes roll on table 3

Titan crew experience points:
1pt per battle survived 1pt per kill scorred

Experience Level Chart & Benifits
0-1 Green No dice reroll
2-4 Experienced 1 dice re-roll per game
5-9 Veteran 2 dice re-rolls per game
10-15 Elite 3 dice re-rolls per game
16+ Emperors Chosen 4 dice re-rolls per game

The next post will include Optional skills. Thease rules appearred in the
origial Adeptus Mechanus by GW. I still have single page zerox copies for
the cost of mail if any one is interestted. I have mailled out three
copies of this or Codex to members on the list. Sauron1