Re: [Epic] Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 16:08:50 -0400

Temp,

I definitely like the battle honors as an option (if your titan
survives long enough). Perhaps those of you who know them could arrive
at a consensus list for EPIC 40k? I made some comments on what you
posted below - these may be completely off the mark as I never read the
original battle honors.

> Pinpoint gunnery - scores critical on 5 or 6, DR shots get +1 to the
> critical roll

Now that's a titan killing skill if ever I saw one.

> Hip-shooting (eldar) - WE may fire at half effect at the end of
assault, as
> long as it was not in cc or a ff. (too powerful?)

This does seem a bit potent. Perhaps just +50% firepower in
firefights?

> Turbo weapon - count as being on overwatch, or HWB adds fp (2? 4?)

Perhaps Death Rays and Anti-Tanks count as being on overwatch, HWBs and
Barrages get +4 FP?

> Turbo Engines (non-eldar?) - +5cm move

Why would this be non-eldar? Just because the combination with
extremely agile would be over the top, I guess? Hey, can these battle
honors be taken more than once (i.e. cumulative?).

> Mandi-blasters (eldar titan only) - cc weapon slot, no fp (or reduced
range)

As in a free CC weapon? Even so seems reasonable compared to others.

> Charismatic leader/Very shouty (non-eldar) - removes d6 BMs, or uses
"divine
> inspiration" once per battle.

Why non-eldar on this one? Perhaps 'powerful spirits in wraithbone' or
something like that would be the eldar version?

> Precognition (Eldar) - ignores first critical (rolls with blow)
(maybe too
> powerful)

Yeah, maybe too much with the 2+ holofield. I like the idea a lot,
though.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius