Re: [Epic] Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:40:12 -0700

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> "Erik K. Rutins" <snowdo1_at_...> writes:
> > > Hip-shooting (eldar) - WE may fire at half effect at the end of
> > assault, as
> > > long as it was not in cc or a ff. (too powerful?)
>
> How about:
>
> Hip-shooting (eldar) - WE may resdistribute movement from the assault
> phase to the movement phase. If it has a movement of 25cm, it may
> move 30cm during movement and 20cm during assault, or 40cm during
> movement and 10cm during assault.
>
> (May be a bit potent, perhaps limit it to 10cm or something?)
>
> > > Mandi-blasters (eldar titan only) - cc weapon slot, no fp (or reduced
> > range)
> >
> > As in a free CC weapon? Even so seems reasonable compared to others.
>
> How about +2 to +5 assault? (Pick your favorite value)
>
> > > Precognition (Eldar) - ignores first critical (rolls with blow)
> > (maybe too
> > > powerful)
> >
> > Yeah, maybe too much with the 2+ holofield. I like the idea a lot,
> > though.
>
> How about a penalty to the first critical?
>
> Mark

Sauron1 writes;In the beginning of time ADEPTUS TITANICUS crews that had
achevied 16 Battle points had the option of choosing one of the following

 Fast Reactions:The crew fires one segment earlier than normal in the
combat phase,but never before the first fire segment,any normal modifiers
apply

 Accuracy:All attacks except close combat gain a +1 modifier to hit;this
is accumulative with other modifiers

 Marksmanship:Hit location can be modified by 1 point in eather
direction,applied after after dice rolls.

 Close Combat:Apply a +1 modifier to hit to anny attack,accumulative with
other modifiers

 Close combat defence:-1 modifier to hit against

 Damage control:+1 to repair rolls

 Very Lucky:Once per game you can CHOOSE the re-dice roll result!

 Natural Leader:Once per gain You can decide who goes firs

I am aware that many of thease are not relevent to Epic40,000 but you can
infer how Andy might apply the idea of honours as he has in the past.
        that old Epic2nd guy sauron1