RE: [Epic] Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 07:45:08 -0400

> Hip-shooting (eldar) - WE may resdistribute movement from the assault
> phase to the movement phase. If it has a movement of 25cm, it may
> move 30cm during movement and 20cm during assault, or 40cm during
> movement and 10cm during assault.
>
> (May be a bit potent, perhaps limit it to 10cm or something?)

This seems like an excellent solution - Considering the other battle
honors posted so far, I would think no limits would be fine. (there
isn't any WE faster than 20cm, is there?)

How about make it reversible? I fail to see how this is usefull. (E.I. take movemnt for movemnt phase and use in assault)

> How about +2 to +5 assault? (Pick your favorite value)

Perhaps a +5 assault and a 15cm 2FP? I'm thinking these are a big
version of what the Striking Scorpions have, right?

> How about a penalty to the first critical?

That feels right. Would you say -3 would be reasonable?

If it's only to the first one, yes. Seems good to me. If I remember correctly most of
the Eldar battle honors were either extremly potent or extremly useless, with not
much in between. The imperial/okr ones were mostly all pretty good.
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore