Re: [Epic] [Epic40k] Blast Markers and Firepower

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 14:12:30 -0700

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> I will agree that the whole psyker-killer idea is lame. However, if you
> take 2 LR dets and square off, the one with a single BM will be crushed. If
> it fires first it will inflict 1 hit per 2 LR, effectively halving the
> opponent's detachment size (assuming equal size dets). The opponent will
> average 1 hit per LR remaining, thus returnig the favor. If the
> non-surpressed det fires first, it will eliminate the enemy completely
> (well, 10 hits amongst the det. I'm sure some will be doubled up.) That is
> a huge problem for me.

...But if you have 2 LR dets each, A1, A2 and B1, B2, then A1 fires at
B1, but the unreduced B2 then fires at A2, than the reduced A2 fires at
the reduced B1, then the doubly reduced B1 fires at whatever it wishes.

always assume that one enemy group is going to fire before any of mine.
Bummer if it's of 10 LRs, who do at least one BM on half-a-dozen units,
but I can live with that. The real bummer is if he has 2 or 3 of them.
This rule doesn't do much to help, either, but at least curbs the worst
excesses.

> If you want to stop people from psyker/commander hunting, then just adopt
> the command unit rules from 2nd. It is simple, older guys are already
> familiar with it, and it doesn't drastically alter the effects of SHWs.

I'd prefer an interpretation of the current rules rather than
introducing a new one. Especially since it would only affect one class
of weapon.

> Okay, I think I'm reading this correctly . . .
> 1) I'm not trying to make LRs more powerful than they are.
> 2) I think going on a psyker hunt is poor gamesmanship. (but I would do so
> in a tournament, as opposed to a friendly game)
> 3) 15 cm bikes don't soak BMs unless there is a target within 15 cm.

Why not? "I shoot at a rock". Is the allowable? Maybe...

This interpretation means that you don't magically gain long range
firepower if an enemy unit moves within 15cm.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture