RE: [Epic] Battle Honors - rough draft

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:38:45 -0500

At 10:24 PM 6/13/97 -0400, you wrote:

>>> Hip Shooting - titan may fire during the vehicle fire phase
>>
>> With some penalty, right? Otherwise this could get nasty,
>>especially with extra honors like Lightning Reflexes.
>
>Yeah, it needs some penalty, but what? I think being counted as being on
>assault orders is too stiff. Maybe a -1 for SHWs, and leave the fp (eldar
>titans cont' have much anyway).
>
>i dunno, how is this usefull. You just get to fire before you get
plastered. To crit an eldar titan you need 18 dice. (6 hits, 1 gets though
holo-fileds and 1/3
>of all dice hit.) That's 35 Fp or 12 anti-tank shots(6 Lr's) or 6 deth rays.

7DR actually, but close enough.

>(The fields are good agains those). Considering most critacals take out the
holo-fields it's bub-bye from there. Would some one explain what is so
powerfull about this.

A titan is going to have nearly as much firepower as a detachment. Suppose
it's your Phantom (2 pulsars) squared off against. If it can't fire until
the WE phase, it will get fried. If it gets to fire before the LRs it will
kill about 4 on average and put 2 BMs on the detachment. That effectively
removes 10 AT shots. As you pointed out, that is almost enough to guarantee
a hit, and probably make the titan go down (when the holo-field goes,
everyone will pour fire onto the titan). And, of course, if a WE duel, the
titan will always shoot first.

It is tougher than the lightning reflexes honor, which will only allow the
titan to fire first in the WE phase. It needs a balancer.

Temp