Re: [Epic] [Epic40k] Blast Markers and Firepower

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:53:41 -0400 (EDT)

>>> Okay, I think I'm reading this correctly . . .
>>> 1) I'm not trying to make LRs more powerful than they are.
>>> 2) I think going on a psyker hunt is poor gamesmanship. (but I would do so
>>> in a tournament, as opposed to a friendly game)
>>> 3) 15 cm bikes don't soak BMs unless there is a target within 15 cm.
>>
>>Why not? "I shoot at a rock". Is the allowable? Maybe...
>
>Because it's stupid, that's why.

Ah, yes. The ever understated Temp ;). But he's right (IMO), shooting at
nothing to soak off blast markers is definitely cheesy.

>>This interpretation means that you don't magically gain long range
>>firepower if an enemy unit moves within 15cm.
>
>You have a point, but if someone is within 15 cm, chances are that will be a
>priority target anyway.

Magically regaining long range FP when an enemy comes close is silly, but
the alternative is even more so.

"Sir, the pulsa rockets have scattered the support squads and they are
unable to sustain fire against the Gargant!"

"Quick, have the tactical squads shoot the dirt in front of them!"

"Ah, that cleared everything up!"

David