Re: [Epic] Battle Honors - rough draft

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:37:08 -0500

At 01:04 PM 6/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> >of all dice hit.) That's 35 Fp or 12 anti-tank shots(6 Lr's) or 6 deth =
>> rays.
>>
>> 7DR actually, but close enough.
>
>7.2 DR, actually, and the figures show how to average 1 crit on a
>titan, not guarantee a hit. You've only got about a 2/3 chance of
>getting a crit, with some yet-uncalculated chance of getting more than
>one crit.... (Sorry, but if you're going to nitpick math, get it
>right!)

Touche. I was estimating (and 7 is closer to 7.2 than 6 is). But you are
correct, 1/6 chance of penetrating*5/6 chance of hitting=5/36 hits per DR.
7.2 shots needed to average one hit (one hit is a guranteed crit w/ a DR).
I believe that if you do the math the chances of a single hit is less than
one, but the chances of multiple hits drive the average up.

Temp