RE: [Epic] Just how big is a 10,000 point army

From: Mark Leaman <mleaman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 09:00:15 -0400

No flame taken. I meant "GW hobby" in that I now pursue the crafts
involved in the set up of more than 1 GW product. By new to the hobby I
meant, new to GW products. I've been gaming for over 25 years now. And
I've waited until the last year to finally pick up a GW product.
(Although, they do list in the ad copy for a couple of their game
products as being "a hobby in a box."<g>)

This has nothing to do with "one upmanship." The guys down at the shop
have been friends for some time. I merely want to participate in the
large scale campaign games. E40k is fairly simple compared to some of
the board and miniature wargames I've played, so learning the system
hasn't been a hurdle to overcome. These games tend to take place on
several 3x8 tables put together and end to end. Generally there are more
than 2 armies in these campaign games, more like 3-5 on average.They may
not use a full 10,000 pt army, but at times everyone needs to field
close to that amount. I did trade away my orks for another set of
marines with someone else what wanted to trade them away from their E40k
box.

Thanks for the ending suggestion though. That was helpful information.