[Epic] Just how big is a 10,000 point army

From: Mark Leaman <mleaman_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:47:24 -0400

I'm new to the entire GW hobby. I got EPIC 40k a couple months ago and
have been plugging away at a large Blood Angel army. The guys down at
the shop play giant 10,000 point games from time to time. One guy is
working on a entire chapter of Epic Ultramarines. I merely hope to build
up a 10,000 point force of my own, to join in the fun. I'm finding out,
it isn't as easy as I thought. I figured adding a few Titans would help
reduce the mass quantities needed to fill 10,000 points. A friend picked
up a brand new Imperator for me at Games Day. They had them there for
$10 U.S. Along with a couple warlords, I've run up a total of 2,000
points. I'm on my way. I've got 3 thunderhawks, and one of each Space
Marine metal blister (new ones), and one extra sprue of Space Marines in
addition to the armor units and infantry units that came in the box. The
trouble is, I fall short being able to only muster about 5,000 more
points of troops. Should I make up the difference in more Warlords, or
go for more of the blisters? If so, which do you recommend and what
combinations?

P.S. My friend said he saw new Marauders and Thunderbolts, as well as
new Fighta-Bombas at Games Day. The guy he talked to said they would be
out soon, despite of not being part of the regular army releases.