RE: [Epic] ork artillery question

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 07:40:39 -0400

hi aquestion arose in a battle last night that we couldn't find an
answer =
to. can ork big gunz and pulsa rokkits "hitch a ride" and then
fire either =
a prepatory barrage or normal barrage upon being dropped
off. i thought i h=
ad read that they couldn't move and then fire but i
couldn't find any refer=
ence to that. my opponent argued that they hadn't
actually moved, they had =
been "transported" and thus could fire. at
first i thought that was ridicu=
lous but since i couldn't find any
reference to the contrary i think he mig=
ht be right. we resolved it by
letting him barrage but not prepatory barrag=
e. so what da ya think?

Personlly, I'd consider it a bit cheesy to do a pr=
ep-barrage, but i don't think there is anything in the rules to prevent it,=
 since you don't actually use movement to hitch a ride. I suppose it's a pr=
imarch question.
----------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assump=
tions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"Y=
ou assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 1=
0 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume t=
hat we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore
------